Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Luminare Coffee Cup

Coffee Cup becomes a Luminare

Hi Scrappers. Well, hubby had a meeting with our son Ben tonight - so I get to do some more crafting - Did I say I was doing the Happy Dance?  LOL. Here is my first ever Luminare Project. I got the idea from Speedy TV Tutorial. I will be making some more projects like this tonight. I am looking for my vellum to try that out as well. My pictures are not the greatest. Any tips on taking pictures when a light is on inside a project? My picture is a bit blurry but the light is shown shinning. (picture on right side).Thanks for stopping by! ~ Gail
With the light on 
RECIPE
One Tim Horton's Decorative Coffee Cup
Digital Wording Stamp - Take Time to Chase the Snowflakes by TLC
Snowflake punch by Friskers
Cutterbee retractable knife to cut holes in the cup
Spectrum Noir Marker to color around the holes so white cardboard is not showing.
Blue Hawaiian Ink by PowerPuff for distressing the sentiment 
Mini Tea Light with battery - I stray away from burning candles with projects like these.
I put the lid back on the coffee cup but it can be left off as well
CHALLENGES
Ends Dec 14- Tutorial Time on Speedy TV CH#26
Ends Dec 15  The Cutie Pie  - CH#33 Cute Christmas - unlimited projects
Ends Dec 17 Tuesday Alchemy - CH#44 Anything Goes - Unlimited Projects
Ends Dec 20 Wags and Whiskers - CH #94 anything goes - unlimited projects
Ends Dec 31 Pin and Tack - Spark your Creativity Now - CH#4 anything goes- unlimited projects
Ends Jan 2013 Clear it Out - Christmas - unlimited projects

9 comments:

  1. Really cute! Thanks for joining us this week at TTSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea to use a coffie cup! So glad you could join us at TTSTV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who'd a thought???? A coffee cup! Great idea and it is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at TTSTV:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great idea! I love that sentiment! A great Christmas project to share with The Clear It Out Challenge!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail,
    Awesome repurposing and adorable luminara. Thanks so much for joining us at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Christmas project.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cutie Pie this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful decorated project. When I photograph something with a light inside I photo in a hallway with no lights on and if you know how to use manual as opposed to automatic on your camera you can control the time of the lens opening. Had to do this for the Halloween carved pumpkins.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for the luminare! So glad that you played along with us this week at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! :) thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.