Thursday, December 13, 2012

CAS Skate - Photo Inspired

Section of photo
Howdy Scrappers! I am honored you stopped by. I made a CAS (clean and simple) card today using a Cricut cut Skate from the Winter Woodland Cricut Cartridge I had stored in my embellishment box. My card was inspired by the photo at the right from The Pink Elephant blog. 

I downloaded a free digital label today from Far Hill and brought it into my Word program to the bottom of the page. (I copied and pasted the label so I could print two labels on one sheet of white cardstock.)

After printing the labels, I cut the cardstock in half length wise to create two separate cards. I then folded the cardstock in half to create a fold to the right of the card and fussy cut around the label to make a shape card. 

I stamped NOEL from Marks Finest Papers Poinsettia Bloom Stamp Collection on the card using Raspberry ink from Studio G.The mini sponge applicator dipped in Amaretto Power Puff ink was used on the skate and around the cards edges to give a vintage look to the card.  This was a fun card to make and can be used with any colored or non-colored image to create a quick and fun card. I hope you were inspired. Here is the card:
CHALLENGES
Ends Dec 15  The Cutie Pie  - CH#33 Cute Christmas - unlimited projects
Ends Dec 16 - The Pink Elephant - photo inspired unlimited entries
Ends Dec 17  Die Cutting Diva - Holiday Spirit - unlimited
Ends Dec 17 Tuesday Alchemy - CH#44 Anything Goes - Unlimited Projects
Ends Dec 18 Word Art Wednesday - anything goes - 5E (#1)
Ends Dec 19 Simon Says - Whats your favorite - unlimited (Noel Stamp)
Ends Dec 20 Wags and Whiskers - CH #94 anything goes - unlimited projects
Ends Dec Monthly - The Scrapbooking Queen - CH# 15 Christmas/digital
Ends Dec 31 Pin and Tack - Spark your Creativity Now - CH#4 anything goes- unlimited projects
Ends Jan 2013 Clear it Out - Christmas - unlimited projects

9 comments:

  1. Love the shape and the image! Thanks again for joining for the December Christmas Clear it Out Challenge!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool, Gail. Great job and thank you for sharing with us again this week at Word Art Wednesday. You bless me week after week, and I appreciate you SO very much.
    Have a blessed week, and thanks so much for sharing with us, my friend.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and vintage!!...thanks for playing along with us at DCD! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty shape card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great unique shaped card, love the vintage feel colours too.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Gail!! I so love the shape of this card!!! And the skate is just perfect. Beautiful!! Thank you so very much for joining The Scrapbooking Queen's Royal Digi Christmas Challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute!! Thank you for joining Tuesday Alchemy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - it is an honor to have you visit and comment with kindness on my blog - have a blessed day.